Every year, NTA conducts the IIT-JEE exam two times a year. Almost all intermediate (10+2) students from the science stream (PCM) apply for this exam. This exam can make their dream true of getting admitted to top colleges in India. Every year thousands of students clear this exam too. IIT JEE Preparation tips by toppers can be very effective in cracking IIT JEE on the first attempt. Toppers are the ones who know the right approach to target the exam and crack it.
However, there are specific topper strategies that you need to follow throughout your IIT JEE preparation. Remember, toppers are not different people. It is their approach that is different, which makes them successful.
Here, we will discuss the most essential IIT JEE preparation tips by toppers. This will help you plan the preparation for your IIT JEE exam.
What is the IIT JEE Exam?
IIT JEE is a highly competitive engineering exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The NTA conducts this exam for admission to top colleges across India. However, this exam tests the candidate's physics, chemistry, and mathematics knowledge. Besides, there are two parts to the IIT-JEE exam. It is JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
Additionally, National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts this test throughout India. It is for admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs and other engineering colleges in India. Many consider it one of the most challenging exams in India. Every year lakhs of students apply for this exam.
However, you need to be well-prepared to score high on the exam. Besides, students from all over India participate in this test to get admission to their dream college.
This blog will explore the IIT JEE Preparation tips by toppers. Likewise, you need to be prepared and plan well for this exam. Efficient IIT JEE preparation and planning will keep you one step ahead of your competition.
Eligibility Criteria For IIT JEE
There are specific criteria that every candidate needs to fulfil before applying for the IIT JEE exam.
Below are some of the eligibility criteria for IIT JEE:
- First, to take the JEE exam, you must have received at least 75 per cent of the total marks on your XII board exam.
- Also, you should have Physics, Chemistry, and Maths as compulsory subjects in your XII board.
- Second, there is no age limit to appear for the IIT-JEE exam.
- Additionally, you must score 20 percentile in the XII board exam.
- You need to clear the IIT JEE Mains exam to appear for the JEE Advanced exam.
- Furthermore, you can appear for the IIT JEE for up to three consecutive years after passing your XII exam.
For more details, the official website of NTA will provide you with the latest eligibility criteria. You can verify the information regarding the JEE Mains and JEE Advanced eligibility requirements through the website.
IIT JEE Preparation Tips by Toppers – JEE Main
If you are planning for your IIT JEE Preparation, you need to be well-prepared and plan your study accordingly. With the right IIT JEE Preparation tips, you can score high in the JEE Mains exam 2023.
Below are some of the IIT JEE Preparation tips by toppers:
Syllabus and Pattern
Understanding the syllabus is the first step in exam preparation. When you're getting ready for the Mains exam, you should know the syllabus and format. This helps you prepare your study plan effectively.
For the most recent syllabus, visit the official NTA website. You will clearly understand what you need to study for the exam after referring to the official website.
Always begin your IIT JEE preparation early for the best results. You can always use this approach to manage your time more efficiently. Staying early always gives you additional benefits. Additionally, it will aid in completing all topics covered for the examination. Also, it will increase your self-assurance and reduce your stress.
Make a Study Plan.
The JEE Mains syllabus is extensive and well-organized. It requires careful planning throughout your preparation.
You must also keep a study schedule. The following are a few of the significant advantages of a study schedule:
- First, it helps in utilising and managing your time efficiently. Also, it helps to cover all the essential topics within time.
- It helps you relieve anxiety and stress. Additionally, effective planning helps you unwind and perform at your best.
Attempt Mock Tests and Previous Year Papers.
Mock tests can be of great benefit for IIT JEE preparation. Per the IIT JEE preparation tips by toppers, practice is the most crucial aspect of cracking the exam. The more you practice, the higher you achieve.
The following are some key benefits of practising mock exams and previous year's papers:
- It will help you understand the exam pattern.
- Also, it will help you understand the questions and the exam's difficulty level.
- You can also note down your mistake and work on them. Besides, this will prevent you from repeating the same mistake.
- Additionally, it will help you prepare for exams and time management.
The most essential IIT JEE preparation tips by toppers is to follow the NCERT textbook throughout your preparation. NCERT contains the most important topics. Their chances of coming in the paper are high.
However, keep NCERT as a reference for your IIT JEE preparation and also prepare from side books for details. This is one of the top IIT JEE Preparation tips by toppers.
Making notes as you study can help you remember key concepts and formulas. During your study sessions, make sure to note any questions or doubts. Take clarification from your tutor or study groups you are in.
Additionally, list the main ideas in your own words. Also, this will enable you to write more effectively during tests.
The best way to prepare for an IIT JEE preparation is to join an online coaching course according to various toppers or an offline coaching course. One of India's most affordable platforms includes JEE Wallah by Physics Wallah.
The online platform JEE Wallah provides a thorough and organised approach to the IIT JEE exam. The following are some advantages of taking the course offered by this initiative of Physics Wallah:
- First, highly qualified teachers in each specialised field are available in PW.
- The second benefit is that the coaching course is adaptable and lets students work independently. Always keep in mind that accuracy comes before speed.
- Finally, online courses can significantly boost your motivation and preparation for the test.
However, self-study is also essential for good IIT JEE preparation. When you plan your study flexibly, it will increase your sense of responsibility and character.
Revision is Essential.
Revision increases your chance of success. It will help you in scoring high on the exam. However, below are some of the benefits of revision:
- It helps you recall the studied topic, especially during the exam.
- Also, it gives you confidence which is very important for students.
- Additionally, it helps reduce anxiety and stress.
Review Your Weaknesses.
According to many toppers, you must identify the areas where you struggle in practice tests. Check the areas where you need more attention.
Likewise, spend more time improving those questions in particular.
However, you can also take the help of your mentors to clear those topics.
Consistency is the Key.
One of the essential things in any competition is consistency. Being consistent is the key to success in any exam. If you are consistent, you will always be successful in your journey.
Additionally, discipline is also an essential thing throughout your preparation.
Always be Positive.
Make sure to keep yourself positive throughout your IIT JEE preparation journey. Also, get proper rest and focus on your health. Health is the most important thing while preparing for the IIT JEE examination. As falling ill will decrease your chances of success. Self-confidence will increase your chance of scoring high in the JEE Mains exam.
In addition, talk to your parents and family whenever you feel demotivated. Listen to music and also take a walk during your break schedule. It will help you get relaxed.
Exam Pattern for JEE Main
There are three sections in the IIT JEE Mains exam structure. It includes Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Below are the details of JEE Main exam pattern as per NTA:
- The exam is online computer-based.
- It is a computer-based exam.
- The duration of the exam is three hours.
- Additionally, the paper consists of MCQ questions.
- Furthermore, you'll receive four marks for each accurate response. However, NTA deducts one mark for each wrong answer attempted.
- Additionally, other regional languages, English and Hindi, can be used as the language medium.
- In addition, the question paper consists of 90 questions. Each section contains 30 questions. The weighting of each section is also equal.
- Overall, the paper consists of 360 marks.
IIT JEE Preparation Tips by Toppers – JEE Advanced
One of the most challenging tests for admission to Indian IITs, IIITs or NITs is JEE Advanced. If you clear the JEE Mains exam, then you are eligible for the JEE Advanced exam. Besides, the JEE Advanced is more difficult than the JEE Mains examination. Hence, you need to be consistent and motivated throughout your preparation journey for JEE Advanced.
You must also already be familiar with most of your IIT JEE preparation techniques.
There are some additional tips you need to follow for JEE Advanced preparation, these include:
- Practicing regularly is the most important habit you need to adopt. Also, you must try to solve mock tests and previous year's questions regularly.
- Try to aim for the difficult question now. Focus on raising your preparation level consistently. It will help you condition well for the exam and build your confidence too.
- Use quality study material including IIT JEE preparation books. As there are a lot of materials in the market, make sure to select the best one of them.
- Revision is most important. Keep revising the topics you covered from your notes.
- Keep yourself motivated throughout your examination. Maintaining a proper schedule for a break and sleep is important.
Overall, IIT JEE is a challenging test. Each year, thousands of students apply to take this test. They come with a dream of getting admission to a top college throughout India. Only a small percentage of them succeed on the test. IIT JEE Preparation tips by toppers, as mentioned in the blog, will help you get the right approach for effective preparation.
However, you need to have a great IIT JEE preparation. Consistency and the right attitude are essential. Also, keep your confidence high. Planning and structuring will help you score high on the exam. Try to follow the above-mentioned IIT JEE Preparation tips by toppers from India for effective preparation.
In addition, make sure to have and maintain proper breaks and relaxation time. Also, keep yourself motivated. Always remember trying your best is important. Don’t worry about the result. Just focus on your preparation with the right strategies in your study plan. All the best for your IIT JEE 2023 examination.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Q1. What is the minimum requirement to be eligible for the JEE Mains exam?
Ans: You must have passed or attempted the 10+2 exam from a recognised board to take the Mains exam. However, you must pass the mains exam to sit for the Advanced exam.
Q2. What are the most important IIT JEE preparation tips by toppers?
Ans: There are a lot of preparation tips according to the toppers who succeeded in the exam. However, the most common tip is consistency and hard work.
Q2. Is the Class XII syllabus similar to the JEE Mains syllabus?
Ans: Indeed, the IIT JEE Main syllabus is mostly similar to the CBSE Class XII syllabus. However, keep checking the official website for more updates.
Q3. How many times is the JEE Mains exam conducted in a year?
Ans: The JEE Mains is held twice every year. It is scheduled for January and April.
Q4. How shall I start preparing for the IIT JEE?
Ans: The first major step in starting your IIT JEE preparation is knowing your syllabus and exam pattern. However, a few more key tactics have been covered above in this blog.
Q5. Are there any restrictions on the number of JEE exam attempts?
Ans: Candidates from the general category can appear for the JEE Mains exam for three consecutive years after passing their XII Boards. However, there are relaxations offered for reserved category students.