DASA 2023 application form: The DASA 2023 application form will be released on June 12, 2023, on its official website (www.dasanit.org). Candidates can check all the DASA 2023 details below.
DASA 2023 Application: An Overview
The application form for DASA 2023 will be released on June 12, 2023. DASA stands for Direct Admission of Students Abroad, a scheme initiated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, for various undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) courses. NIT Calicut will be organizing DASA 2023.
This scheme is specifically designed to provide admission to foreign students, Persons of Indian Origin residing abroad (POIs), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf (CIWG), and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI). To secure admission, students must successfully complete the DASA 2023 admission procedure.
Qualifying for DASA 2023 enables candidates to join India's top-rated engineering, architecture, design, and management institutions. Admission is offered for UG courses such as B.Tech and PG courses such as M.Tech and MBA. The institutions operating under DASA 2023 include NITs, IITs, CFITs, DTU, SPA, and many others.
|Name of the admission process||DASA|
|Full form||Direct Admission of Student Abroad|
|Conducting Body||Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India|
|Level of Admission||National Level Admission procedure|
|Courses||Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses|
|Application mode||Online mode|
DASA Scheme Important Dates
Candidates must know the important dates to avoid missing any events related to the DASA Scheme entrance exam.
|DASA 2023 Events||DASA Dates|
|Application Form Release Date 2023||June 12, 2023|
|Deadline to submit the Application Form||June 22, 2023|
|Ranking list of DASA 2023||July 1, 2023|
|Choice filling 2023||July 2 to 3, 2023|
|Seat Allocation for DASA UG, Round I , 2023||July 11, 2023|
|Round I– seat allocations Confirmation||July 12 to 13, 2023|
|Round II– Seat Allocation 2023||July 17, 2023|
|confirmation for Round II Seat Allocation||July 18–19, 2023|
|Round III – Seat Allocation||July 21, 2023|
|confirmation for Round III seat Allocation||July 22–23, 2023|
|Candidates who were allocated seats in Rounds I, II, and III should report to the designated Institutes for admission.||July 24 to 25, 2023|
|Internal Sliding||July 26, 2023|
|Withdrawal from DASA||July 26 to 28, 2023|
|Vacant Seat Matrix Release Date||August 1, 2023|
|Special Round||August 2 to 3, 2023|
|Special Round DASA allocation||August 4, 2023|
|Reporting to the institute for the purpose of document verification||August 10 to 14, 2023|
DASA 2023 Application Form
Candidates can find the details of the DASA 2023 Application form in the section below:
- The DASA 2023 application form for UG Courses will be available from June 12th, 2023, and the submission deadline will be in the second week of July 2023.
- The registration form for DASA 2023 can be accessed online.
- For PG courses, the DASA 2023 application form will commence on June 12th, 2023, and the last date for submission will be in the third week of June 2023.
- During the registration process, candidates are required to provide their email address and phone number.
- Physical copies of the completed registration will not be returned to candidates.
- Candidates should send their SAT subject test results to NITL Surathkal through the College Board in the United States.
- Once the online application is submitted, no changes or editing will be allowed.
- Therefore, candidates must ensure to fill out the application form carefully.
- Lastly, candidates should take a printout of the DASA 2023 registration form for future reference.
Documents to be scanned and uploaded with the online DASA 2023 application form:
- Applicants Passport
- Date of Birth proof
- Class 10th, 11th, and 12th mark-sheet
- Class 10th, 11th, and 12th certificate
- Proof of last 2 years of education in a foreign country in case of NRI
- JEE Main 2023 final scorecard showing rank
DASA 2023 Application Fee:
Please refer to the DASA 2023 Application Fee details:
- You can submit the application fee through E-payment (debit card/credit card) or a smooth transfer.
- For candidates in the General category, the registration fee is US$ 300. The fee for the 1st semester is US$ 4000.
- For candidates from foreign nationals of SAARC countries, the registration fee is US$ 300, and the fee for the 1st semester is US$ 2000.
|Category||Registration Fee||1st Semester (Tuition Fee)||Total Fee|
|General Category||US$ 300||US$ 4000||US$ 4300|
|Foreign National of SAARC Countries||US$ 300||US$ 2000||US$ 2300|
DASA 2023 Selection Process
- The DASA 2023 selection process for UG courses will consist of four rounds, while PG courses will involve two rounds. Only eligible candidates will be considered for Round 1 and must confirm their options.
- During Round 1, candidates will have two choices: accepting or declining the allotted seat. The allotted course/institute and provisional allotment letter will be generated if candidates accept.
- If candidates decline, they will no longer be eligible for further seat allotment in Rounds 2 and 3. They will then become eligible for Round 4 and the spot round.
- Those selected in Round 1 or selected in Round 1 will proceed to Round 2, and the same pattern will be followed for Round 3. In the 4th round, undergraduate candidates must submit the relevant SAT subject test score.
Also Read: Difference between dasa and ciwg scheme
DASA 2023 Counselling
The NBE authority will conduct the DASA counselling 2023. Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to participate in the counselling process. Eligible candidates will be called from the merit list for seat allocation and must register online to participate in counselling.
The counselling process will consist of multiple rounds, including the first, second, and final rounds. The initial two rounds will be conducted online, while the final round will be conducted offline. Candidates must pay an enrollment fee of Rs. 2500/- to participate in the counselling process.
DASA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can find below the details regarding the eligibility criteria for DASA 2023 (Direct Admission of Students Abroad) for undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) courses:
DASA 2023 Eligibility Criteria For UG Courses:
- Age Criteria: Students born on or after October 1, 1998, are eligible. The date of birth mentioned in the Secondary Education Board or 10th-grade documents will be considered authentic. There is no age limit for PG courses.
- Nationality: Candidates of NRI (Non-Resident Indian)/ PIO (Person of Indian Origin)/ OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) categories can apply.
- Qualification: Candidates who have passed or are appearing in the Intermediate or equivalent examinations from a recognized board or university are eligible to apply.
- Subjects: Candidates must have passed the 11th and/or 12th grade with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects and any one subject among Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, or Computer Science.
- JEE Main Rank: Applying candidates must have a valid JEE Main 2023 rank to be eligible for engineering admission.
DASA 2023 Eligibility Criteria For PG Courses:
- Qualification: Candidates must hold an undergraduate (UG) degree in relevant streams recognized by the authority.
- Percentage: Candidates must have scored a minimum aggregate of 60% or 6.50 CGPA in the qualifying examination.
- M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Des/ M.Plan: Candidates must obtain a total of 300 or more in the revised General Tests of the GRE (Quantitative + Verbal).
- GRE Score: Candidates should have a valid minimum total score of 300 in the revised General Test of the GRE. A GMAT test score of 480 or more is required for the MBA program.
DASA UG 2023 Participating Institutes
Around 46 institutes are participating in the DASA UG 2023 admission program. The names of these institutes are given below:
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
- National Institute of Technology, Goa
- School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Maritime University
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
- National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Aurangabad
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- National Institute of Technology, Manipur
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
- National Institute of Technology, Mizoram
- National Institute of Technology, Patna
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Chennai
- National Institute of Technology, Silchar
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- National Institute of Technology, Puducherry
- Tezpur University, Assam
- National Institute of Technology, Sikkim
- National Institute of Technology, Srinagar
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal
- School of Planning & Architecture, Vijayawada
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad
- National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design, and Manufacturing, Jabalpur
- School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal
- PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal, Punja
- National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology Delhi
Preparation of DASA 2023 Merit List
The authority will create a merit list for DASA UG 2023 admission based on the candidates' SAT scores. Eligible candidates will be invited for counseling sessions according to their merit. During the counseling process, seats will be allocated. It is important to note that counseling and seat allocation will be conducted online. Candidates must report to the allocated institute upon admission to a specific institution.
FAQS on DASA 2023 Application Form
Q1. Where can I find the DASA 2023 Application Form?
Ans. The DASA 2023 Application Form can be accessed and filled out online on the official website of DASA or the designated portal for DASA admissions.
Q2. When will the DASA 2023 Application Form be available?
Ans. The DASA 2023 Application Form will be available on June 12, 2023, on the official website.
Q3. What documents are required to complete the DASA 2023 Application Form?
Ans The documents typically required to fill the DASA 2023 Application Form include educational certificates, passport details, category certificate (if applicable), SAT/ GRE/ GMAT scores, and other relevant documents as specified in the application form.
Q4. Can I edit my DASA 2023 Application Form after submission?
Ans. The ability to edit the DASA 2023 Application Form after submission may vary. It is advisable to review the form before submission to avoid errors carefully. However, if there is a provision for form correction, candidates can make changes during the specified correction period.
Q5. How can I pay the application fee for DASA 2023 Application Form?
Ans. The DASA 2023 Application Form fee can be paid online through various modes, such as credit/debit cards, net banking, or other specified online payment methods.
Q7 Can I apply for undergraduate and postgraduate courses through the same DASA 2023 Application Form?
Ans. No, undergraduate and postgraduate courses usually require separate application forms. Candidates should carefully select the appropriate form based on their desired course and level of study.
Q8 What should I do if I face any technical issues while filling out the DASA 2023 Application Form?
Ans. In case of any technical issues while filling out the DASA 2023 Application Form, candidates can contact the helpdesk or support team mentioned on the official website for assistance. It is recommended to provide relevant details and screenshots, if possible, to help resolve the issue effectively.